About our Periodontist in Honolulu
Dr. Clyde S. Umaki is a native of Honolulu, HI. After graduating from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree and a Master of Science in Periodontics, he began his career in periodontics as a Captain in the United States Air Force and served from 1970-1972 as head of the periodontics clinic at Clark Air Force Base in the Philippines. After completing his service with the military, Dr. Umaki started his periodontal and implant practice in Honolulu in 1972. Since that time he has developed an extensive list of accomplishments to include his current role as the Director for the Hawaii Dental Forum, a newly formed dental study group composed of Hawaiis best dentists who are dedicated to excellence in the total case management of each patient. Through continuing education, Dr. Umaki has remained active in the advancement of periodontics and is one of the few Periodontists in Hawaii who is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He is also an Associate Fellow of the American College of Oral Implantology and has placed over 800 implants with a success rate of over 98%.
Dr. Umaki was recently inducted as a Fellow to the American College of Dentistry (FACD) and continues to remain at the forefront of todays rapidly evolving technology of periodontics and dental implants. The American College of Dentists was founded in 1920 to recognize dentists who have made significant contribution to the advancement of dentistry. Fellowship in the college is by invitation and only 3.5% of dentists are so designated. As a result of his continued professional development and dedication to excellence and patient care, he was awarded the Best Dentist in America 2004-2005 and Hawaii Best Dentist award in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
- United States Air Force- Captain
- American Dental Association - Member
- American Academy of Periodontology - Member
- American College of Oral Implantology Associate Fellow
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology - Board Certified
- Hawaii Dental Association - Member
- Fellow, American College of Dentist - FACD
- Alumnus of LD Pankey Institute
- Western Society of Periodontology - Member
- The Best Dentist in America 2004-2005
- Hawaii Best Dentist, Perio/Implant 2003, 2004, 2005
- Director, Hawaii Dental Forum (affiliated with the Seattle Study Clubs)
>> Also meet our staff and our office in Honolulu Hawaii